Translate

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hungary-Dinner is Ready! Plus a Beautiful Hungarian Folk Dance


Our Hungarian Paprika Gravy, Pancakes Bokolgny Style, and Savory filling are ready! I have never attempted Eastern European Cooking of any kind. Purchasing the Hungarian ingredients was a completely new experience for me. The simmering Paprika Gravy filled the house with a sweet bouquet and the Veal & Chicken filling was a perfect savory accompaniment. I must say making the pancakes from scratch was a bit daunting at first. I am not so much a baker, more of a cook. They turned out pretty well though! Clean plates all around, so I say this was another successful meal!


Recipes:




Here is a video of a  traditional Hungarian Folk Dance called Keserű víz nem hittem, hogy édes légy. I could not stop watching this! The singing, dancing, colorful costumes are so beautiful.
                                                    

1 comment:

  1. It is so interesting to learn about a different country's culture, customs and cuisine each week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete